Click on the title of this post to see how the siege ended.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
A little comic relief
Very cool lesson in a very warm setting. I might want to read Dan Brown's new book The Lost Symbol.
After Richard's lecture, we began to present our projects outlines. Everyone liked mine.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
At noon everyday the clock in district 1 makes a 15 minute presentation. Enjoy Rachel's video.
Monday, July 12, 2010
These are highlights from Kenneth Branaghs film of Mozart's The Magic Flute.
Click on the title of this post for more information on the story of The Magic Flute.
Mrs. Francis filmed this a few weeks ago but due to technical problems it was just posted on You Tube. I did not see the Vienna Boys Choir personally because tickets had to be purchased before our arrival. I hope you enjoy her film.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Saturday, July 10, 2010
The Naschmarkt is Vienna's most popular market. Located at the Wienzeile over the Wien River it is about 1,5 kilometers long.
Here is Mrs. Francis's video of Prague.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
We went to the festival at the Rathausplatz for dinner. There are many different food booths. There was live music. The food was great. There are tables and chairs and real glasses and plates. The people are polite and there is no litter. We did not stay for the film which is shown on a very big screen at dark. We have class tomorrow.
- Film of the First Siege of Vienna
- July 15
- Amadeus Clip
- Monty Python and Mozart
- July 14 afternoon-Cafe Sacher
- July 14- Mozart and the Free Masons
- More Mrs. Francis Video
- Kaisergruft,The Remains of the Habsburgs
- July 13-Rome in Vienna
- July 13-Lunch
- Highlights of the Magic Flute
- Musicians' Graves in Vienna
- Finally our Bratislava film
- July 11-Melk Abbey
- July 10 afternoon-Liechtenstein Museum
- July 10 am Nastchmarkt
- Prague-July 9
- Meeting with embassy people and Austrian teachers
- McCafe-Vienna Style
- July 8-University of Vienna
- Film Festival at the Rathausplatz
- July 7 afternoon-A Visit to the Imperial Treasury
- July 7 Morning Lecture and Discussion
- Sisi Museum
- Lunch with friends-July 5
- July 5 Lecture
- View from our rooftop
- More video
- Budapest-July 3, 2010
- Heeresgeschichtliches Museum
- Kunsthistorisches Museum
- Hofburg Imperial Palace
- Music Museum July1 afternoon at Hofburg
- July 1, 2010 morning session
- ▼ July (34)